You’ve battled to remove your tiles, but there’s more to accomplish because you must remove old thinset from concrete. There are three known methods, and Here’s how:
Thinset Removal with Putty Knife
- Pour boiling water over the thinset.
- Putty knife at 45 degrees to thinset.
- Start chipping away at the new cracks; clean up.
Making Use of a Hammer Drill Method
- Attach a chisel bit to your hammer drill.
- Cut the thinset at a 45-degree angle.
- Reduce chisel angle for thicker thinset.
- Chisel off thinset patches. After 20 to 30 seconds of pounding, thinset portions should shatter.
Angle Grinder Thinset Removal
- Attach a 13-18 cm diamond-cut wheel to your grinder.
- If required, replace the dust shroud. Consider replacing a loose dust shroud.
- Attach a 5-horsepower wet-dry vacuum to the grinder.
- Move the 7-inch grinder left and right to cover the thinset fully as you chip away at the thinset.